School policies of particular interest to parents are published in this area of the website
Closing the school in an emergency
If we have to close the school before students arrive in the morning, we will let you know by:
- Posting a message on the website front page
- Sending a Call Parent message home
- Telling Hampshire County Council
- Telling local radio stations like Radio Solent 103.8FM, if appropriate
If unsure about the school being open for any reason, check the website first.
If we have to close the school during the school day (if there is an emergency or really bad weather).
We will follow what you have asked us to do in the Log Book – Emergency Closure Record.
We will also:
- Send a letter home with as much information as possible
- Post a message on the front page of the website
- Send a Call Parent message home
- Tell Hampshire County Council
- Tell local radio stations like Radio Solent 103.8FM, if appropriate
In an emergency you can also call 023 80663160, although you won’t be able to leave a message.